Is Pest Control Needed During The Winter?
Don’t mistake winter months as a time to lay off pest control! Many people believe that bugs and insects hibernate throughout the winter months, but that’s FALSE! While the winter months can be mild in Myrtle Beach, insects and rodents still look for food and places to hide when the weather changes.
Experts say house mice, rats, spiders, raccoons, and cockroaches are some of the most commonly encountered rodents throughout winter. These critters love to hide out in dark, secluded areas like basements, attics, and boxes of clutter. They can also cause serious property damage to homes. For example, house mice like to chew on drywall and electrical wire, which could potentially cause a house fire.
Waiting until spring to deal with these pests can lead to needing an extensive pest control treatment; so it’s best NOT to lay off pest control services during winter. These colder months allow you to get ahead in creating a protective barrier for pests before spring arrives. By letting one of our Best exterminators come out and perform residential pest control services to your home, you can repel insects and rodents as the seasons change! Some creatures may be harder to get rid of than others, but if you get rid of all the reasons for them to return, you increase your chances of kicking them out for good! Check out some of our preventative tips below!
Wintertime Quick Tips:
- Seal all cracks inside and outside your home. (This will help keep the heat inside and the pests out!)
- Store boxes and clutter off the floor.
- Regularly check your home for signs of rodent and insect infestation. (Greasy rub marks caused by a rat’s oily fur.)
- Eliminate moisture throughout your basement or attic.
- Keep floors and counters free of crumbs.
- Keep trash bins closed securely or outdoors.
Contact our crew for any of your pest control needs! We’d be delighted to help.