Prevent Moisture In your crawl space! Best Home & Property Services of Myrtle Beach can help you fix your damp crawl space with Aprilaire dehumidifiers.
Have you noticed a musty odor or mold growth in your crawl space? Often these odors are also noticeable in your living space. These are signs of high humidity. One way to prevent moisture in a crawl space is to install a whole-home dehumidifier.
Excess crawl space moisture can be caused by:
· Standing water caused by poor drainage, a leak or condensation on pipes.
· Moisture evaporating directly from the ground.
· Outdoor air coming in through crawl space vents. Relative humidity (RH) is dependent upon the temperature, so RH might be closer to the saturation point indoors at cooler temperatures.
Once the sources of standing water are addressed, you can automatically eliminate excess humidity with an Aprilaire Whole-Home Dehumidifier. It’s important to remove excess moisture in a crawl space. High humidity in your crawl space can damage items you store there, causing structural damage and affect the indoor air quality of your entire home.
Too much humidity can cause:
· Mold and mildew growth: These types of fungi cause a musty smell and ruin items like clothing, furniture, books and more. Mold can also cause wood to rot, resulting in structural damage.
Airborne mold and mildew spores can cause a host of health problems, such as asthma, allergies and sinus infections.
· Dust mites: These microscopic creatures can also cause asthma flare-ups as well as eczema.
· Rust: The metal on your tools, appliances and other items may rust faster.
Learn about encapsulating and dehumidifying for long term protection. Please click on this link to learn more about Aprilaire & Crawlspace Encapsulation.
“Elevated relative humidity at a surface—70 percent or higher—can lead to problems with mold, corrosion, decay and other moisture related deterioration…An elevated relative humidity in carpet and within fabrics can lead to dust mite infestation and mildew.”
-U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Prevent Moisture in a Crawl Space and Achieve Total Comfort in Your Home with Dehumidification Solutions From Aprilair
Aprilaire Whole-Home Dehumidifiers prevent crawlspace moisture as well add the perfect level of moisture to your entire home.
Aprilaire Whole-Home Dehumidifiers are healthier and much easier to maintain than portables. There are no messy tanks to empty and no standing water, which could be contaminated with biological growth. Just simple, annual maintenance.
Find the Right Dehumidifier For You Aprilaire offers Whole-Home Dehumidifiers that meet every family’s needs. Ask us to recommend a solution that will remove the moisture in your crawl space and is right for your home.